Are you an all-around talented carpenter looking for a career instead of just another job? Do you enjoy working on higher-end projects and find satisfaction in doing a high quality job? Then we might be the best fit for you, Robins & Morton is a great place to build your career. Since 1946 Robins & Morton has provided award winning services in multiple projects and has grown from a modest construction firm into one of the top contractors in the United States. Robins & Morton has been a company dedicated to three basic principles: placing the interest of our clients first, treating everyone associated with a project fairly and caring about each other as family. Are you interested in learning more about our family and how can you be part of it? Please fill out an application and we will be happy to contact you.
General Summary of Duties:
Construct, repair and maintain permanent and temporary structures as directed by Robins & Morton Manager using both hand and power tools. Position will report to manager as assigned by Robins & Morton Superintendent.
Essential Abilities, Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned as required):
- Ability to take off material quantities accurately.
- Ability to build square, level and plumb a specific project task using basic carpentry tools.
- Follow established jobsite safety and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Ability to read construction documents and build a specific task with those provided documents.
- Knowledge of how to build safety provisions, including but not limited to: Scaffolding, Gang Ladders, Perimeter railings and Fall Protection, Temporary Covers, Inter.
- Ability to install interior finish items, including but not limited to: Wall protection, Doors & Hardware, Toilet Accessories, Cubicle Curtain Track, TV Brackets, Lockers, etc.
- Have a working knowledge of different types of carpentry tools and how to use them safely. e.g. Saws (Band, circular, jig, reciprocating, chop, compound miter, etc), Drills (Electric, Cordless, Hammer, etc), and cutting torches
- Ability to identify and request (If not provided) any and all PPE necessary to perform tasks prior to starting task.
- The ability to plan and execute your work to provide the highest efficiency possible. Insuring you have the proper tools and materials to perform the task or project.
- Thorough knowledge and ability to run basic equipment, including but not limited to: All terrain telescoping fork lift, back-hoe, skid steer, tractor, etc.
- Ability to keep building and/or assigned areas of jobsite clean and organized as necessary to maintain sage and productive work.
- Be able to perform all of the essential functions of the worker under his or her supervision.
- Cut and install interior/exterior wood, metal backing as required.
- Inspect subordinate’s work for compliance with the work plan, point out deficiencies and explain, and take corrective action.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education – High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)Preferred
Experience – A minimum of 2 year experience as a carpenter required. Previous experience in hospital construction preferred.
Communication Skills – Comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The ability to understand information, ideas, direction and then be able to perform the task or project discussed. Also, to be able to ask questions to insure you understand the information given.
Problem recognition-Be it a safety problem or potential hazard and notifying your immediate supervisor to recognizing problems in the drawings, document, or sketch you have been given for a task.
Provide and maintain general hand tools including : Tool belt/box, Hammers, tape measures, hand levels, squares, chalk lines, plumb bob, tie wire reel, screw drivers, pliers, etc
Must be 18 years of age.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull:objects, materials and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, work off of platforms and man lifts, and may occasionally work out on an open structure using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leather work boots.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting
To apply please go to www.robinsmorton.com and click on careers.